Know Better

Thick lump in my throat I try to speak but SILENCE. No words come out

Body trembles because my nerves are uncontrollable and I can’t figure out how we got to this point. 

Eyes get foggy and it starts getting hard to see 
Trying to hold them back telling myself to be strong 
finally they proceed to stream.

Running down my face like a beautiful waterfall but it’s not beauty at all this love is hurting me.
Starring you right in the face but you still fail to see

You can’t recognize pain being inflicted 
Causing me resentment. 
Got me reminiscing 

Telling myself I should’ve never let you in 
I should’ve never let my guard down.

I should’ve never believed you when you said you were different that I could trust you and you would never hurt me. 

Got me wishing I was deaf to the lies you told me like the words I love you. 

Got me wishing I had early onset Alzheimer’s so I can forget you all together

Wishing I was numb to emotion because you’ve got me open and I’ve fallen and you don’t even care.

Typical guy thinking you the man you fool
You played yourself because your gonna regrets the day you made me feel like I was Nobody. 
Like I was nothing.

You will regret your nonchalant reaction and you’ll be pleading for my attention 
Just  like the rest of the ones who thought they were winning while playing with my heart.

Thinking it was funny treating me like a puppet 
As if I wasn’t human like I was powerless
You will be back.

Then you’ll be the one feeling empty victim to a heartbreak you’ll be broken.
I’ll sit back and think of this day feeling lucky.

Because now I am free

Free of the misery you’ve caused in my life. 

Free of the long stressful nights .

And free of the mental abuse of you having me thinking I wasn’t worth it.

Because now I know you just never deserved me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soar

Amen

Sooner Then Later