AbuseMe

Battered, broken, bare.
I was criticized, misused, exposed. 
Love was just another phrase in an world full of I love you's.
A vocabulary word that didn't hold up to it's definition in my book. 
He promised he was different. I should've knew.
Warnings with red flags that I neglected every time. 
Punches and slaps became a routine of mine.
Drained but I stayed because I knew no better.
Praying for a miracle, to bring us back to the middle.
To the times years ago, before I was introduced to his true colors.
Before I met his pal Fist, best friend Bitch, and the two homies he walked with.
They were always around. I could never get rid of them. 
You know the ones who mysteriously appear out of no where.
Like they've come to an understanding that this was how they would spend their day.
Just waiting for an opportunity to come out and interfere with your plans regardless of what you say.
He choose them over me it never failed. 
Then he upgraded to the next level.
I wasn't enough, he had to taunt my belongings too.
Breaking phones because he imagined something going on.
Slicing shoes with box cutters, ruining clothes with bleach, kicking in doors he wasn't going to pay for.
Busting out windows, challenging anyone who came to my defense, pretending to be so innocent.
It was a very well played out show he gave. 
Standing ovation. 
I'm quite sure he could've won an Oscar for it to be honest.
Repetitive cycle.
Over and over as if I gave permission for him to do it.
That was the lesson from an past transgression and I have him to thank today.
Because I am still being abused.
Now by somebody new.
He said he would abuse me and that's exactly what he does.
This predicament is different. 
He gives me warning signals too. 
I renamed them.
No longer do I hate it but I love it.
I do not fight it anymore but embrace the moments.
You won't see sadden eyes now they glisten.
I'm not running away now I run towards the direction.
He takes advantage of me with good deeds.
Challenges me to be the best possible me. 
Dictates his powers to protect and keep me safe.
Attacks me with praise.
Uses me to example how to treat a woman.
Introduces me to to peace, comfort and security.
Confronts me with positive energy.
Raises his hands only to stroke my face and tell me i'm gorgeous. 
Hits me with new adventures to partake in.
Tricks me with presents he's hidden in my purse.
Accuses himself to be my soulmate that's surfaced.
Exploiting good times and smiling faces.
You see this predicament is a change.
I've never dealt with abuse like his.
Gentle like a rose, pure like a infant, and genuine like the love of God. 
The Keeper warning signals.
So to everyone going through an abusive relationship, 
If your not reminded of  the second description. Remove yourself from its presence
You deserve to be abused too.
Under new circumstances.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soar

Amen

Insight