Dark Passion

That sensation that you can’t control.
The tribulations of life, you hesitate to hold on.
Throat is collapsing, trigger explosion.
The vein now ruptured, red blood flows.
Dark passion.
Hours turn into minutes. Minutes into seconds. Time stands frozen, mute to the ticking.
Alone forgotten, forgotten alone.
Redundant conversations, already out my zone.
I’m too far gone.
Dark passion, dark passion, dark passion in my bones.
Dark passion, dark passion, dark passion sets the tone.
Gravity is against me, I can’t clutch my breath for long.
Dangling from the ceiling, carbon monoxide with the garage door closed.
Vehicle embracing a tree, sprinting during rush hour into the middle of the street.
A shadow in the distance.
Dark passion has a hex on me.
Quickly a flashback occurs and I start to visualize something.
Beyond in the fog a glimpse of light is radiating.
Angelic voices arise harmonizing a familiar phrase I use to say. 
I join in, In unison recalling the pledge I use to make.
I reflect on the core values that molded me into who I am today.
As I declare teamwork, duty, discipline, respect, loyalty, integrity, selfless service, communication and courage. 
Dark passion starts to fade.
I realize I am at a battle, battle with my mental state. 
Dark passion will not defeat me, I’ll be fighting along the way.
Active duty or a veteran, a solider I’ll always be.
Black passion can try, but I’ll conquer in victory! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soar

Amen

Insight